The first duplex is an up/down unit at 1016 Oscar Street constructed in 2010. Both rental units are 1,110 sq.ft. 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom family dwellings. The units feature a covered entrance, on site parking for one vehicle and a shared landscaped yard. Each unit includes a fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave/exhaust fan, washer and dryer, as well as interior window coverings. Heat is electric baseboard. Rent includes water, sewer, garbage collection and property taxes. It is the renter’s responsibility to pay all other household utilities (electricity, phone, cable, internet, etc). BC Hydro Revelstoke Unit 5 Project provided a $250,000 grant to support the inclusion of a rental accommodation in the Bridge Creek Property Development Project. This contribution was made to mitigate the negative impact that Project workers may have had on the local rental housing market. Okanagan College collaborated in the construction of the duplex unit through its residential construction program as a training component for the students enrolled in the program.
Two – 6 unit townhouse buildings at 1014 Oscar Street were completed in 2016. Two units are 1 bedroom, two units are accessible 1 bedroom and eight units are 2 bedroom (bedrooms on the upper floor). There is a parking stall for each unit and landscaped yards. Each unit contains a fridge, stove, washer and dryer, as well as interior window coverings. Heat is electric baseboard. Rent includes water, sewer, garbage collection and property taxes. There is a small lawn mowing service fee that is collected with the monthly rent payments. It is the renter’s responsibility to pay all other household utilities (electricity, phone, cable, internet, etc.) Columbia Basin Trust and BC Housing provided a $1.7 million grant and the City of Revelstoke provided the land for a nominal lease, to assist with making the project an affordable rental initiative for low to moderate income residents.
Apply for RCHS rental accommodations here Submit your application for eligibility for Revelstoke Community Housing Society rental units here. Once submitted, an RCHS member will contact you. Download Application Package
- All applicants must be of legal age, Canadian citizens or landed immigrants, qualified employee/retirees or receive income assistance/disability pension, and must have total household income less than $65,000.
- Applicants must plan to occupy the unit as their permanent primary residence, i.e. the residence that is the place the applicant will ordinarily and continually occupy as a residence on a full-time basis.
- Applicants, or their spouse, either personally, jointly, or indirectly through business, must not own combined assets (excluding locked-in pensions) in excess of $60,000 at the time of application or during the tenancy. Applicants must complete the attached Declaration of Income and Net Worth.
- All applicants must agree to the following covenants included in all RCHS tenancy agreements:
a. Tenants are not permitted any pets on the Premises without written approval of the landlord.
b. Tenants will not smoke or permit smoking on the Premises.
c. Tenants are NOT permitted to paint or renovate.
d. Tenants MUST have the carpets professionally cleaned at the end of the tenancy
- Applicants must identify all occupants that will reside in the premises for more than two weeks. Tenants must agree to the following occupancy standards:
a. No more than two (2) and no less than one (1) person per bedroom.
b. Spouses and couples share a bedroom.
c. Parents do not share a bedroom with their children.
d. Dependents aged eighteen (18) or over do not share a bedroom.
e. Dependents of the opposite sex age five (5) or over do not share a bedroom.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have resided in the community for at least 3 months.
Tenants are required to sign a Residential Tenancy Agreement as set out by the Residential Tenancy Act.
The initial length of tenancy will be for a 3 month period of time which will expire at the end of the term and if mutually agreeable, a new tenancy agreement will be signed for a month-to-month basis.
A security deposit of ½ month’s rent will be required to be paid at the time the initial tenancy agreement is signed.
Duplex Tenants are responsible for general yard maintenance including snow removal as needed and weekly lawn mowing and watering as needed.
Townhouse Tenants are responsible for snow removal and lawn watering as needed. A lawn mowing service fee is collected in addition to the monthly rent.